Back to list of TSP Press
The late March 2023 ESTA Standards Watch is here!
The late March issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available. Check it out!
News items in this issue include:
- A quartet of ESTA standards in public review.
- Three ESTA standards approved and published.
- What is an American National Standard anyway?
- Facebook and the Bardo.
- Virtual training for mental health first aid and bystander intervention.
- Revised ICC code development schedule published.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: battery chargers in the USA; revised RoHS in the UK; and industrial safety for lots of common chemicals in Japan.
- ANSI public reviews: withdrawal of a sound standard; a tweak about LPA and LPD in ASHRAE/IES 90.1; battery management systems; portable cells and batteries; cybersecurity for consumer robotics; maintaining electrical equipment per the NECA; industrial premises telecoms infrastructure; information security parts 2 and 3; JPEG 2000 extensions; universal coded character set; cloud management interface; more information security; and the C programming language.
- DIN public review announcement: words for theatres and multi-purpose venues.
- New ANS projects: measuring audio amplifiers, ICC Performance Code; glass and glazing safety; maintaining electrical equipment per the NFPA; NFPA explosive materials code, premises security, premises security systems, and facility emergency action plan.
- Final actions on ANSs: three addenda to ASHRAE/ICC/IES/USGBC Standard 189.1-2020; one addendum to ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2022; one addendum to ASHRAE/IES Standard 100-2018; evaluating net zero energy and net zero carbon; personal fall protection; how big is that house; and cloud services security.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: laser safety, compressed air systems, urine-absorbing products; wiring systems, EMC; and luminaire general requirements and tests.
- Recently published ISO & IEC docs: CIE photometry; virtual keyboards; USB 4 specs; and five Fieldbus standards costing a total of $1,500.00.
- TSP meeting schedule for NAMM in Anaheim
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
Get Involved / Join
Mission and Vision
How Standards are Written
TSC Meetings & Minutes
Above and Beyond
TSP Press Archive
TSP Video Archive
> ABOUT TSP